Relational Somatic Healing Training- CE sponsored by Polaris Insight Center
Every Friday from September 10th – October 29th, 2021
Please note, participants must attend every session to receive full credits. No partial CE credits will be given per APA standards.
10 AM – 1 PM Pacific
Shirley Dvir, LMFT • Erica Berman, LMFT • Traci Uchida, LMFT • Jacki Hull, LMFT
For 14 CE Credits
Relational Somatic Healing is a clinical training appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
Please note, this course does include activities that are not offered for CE credits. These include meditations, groundings, and small group connections and discussions. This training is provided by Relational Somatic Center.
Relational Somatic Healing integrates mindfulness practices, somatic therapies, and character models to address attachment and developmental trauma as it appears in the clinical relationship.
Research shows chronic, early ruptures in relationship can affect a person’s sense of safety, identity, relational connection, physical and emotional regulation.
Module 1 presents a theoretical and experiential practice designed to facilitate a co-regulative field between therapist and client. This co-regulation process draws on the right hemisphere of the brain where non-verbal, social communication, and unconscious processes take place.
In the experiential practice, you’ll apply learned skills to fully receive and attune to your client. Through connection statements and questions, you’ll immerse them in mindful awareness of their habitual relational patterns as it presents itself in the client-therapist relationship.
Using the theory of countertransference and developmental trauma you will recognize five relational bonding needs, how to attune to these needs and offer a new healing experience in the present moment.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply the core principles of relational somatic healing to create a safe and loving space, supporting your client’s unconscious to open to the therapeutic process.
- Use our ‘internal state’ method to create a co-regulating, loving, relational field between you and your client.
- Describe the components of the relational field.
- Utilize the practice of receiving your client to create a relational connection and attune to their psychological orientation and relational needs.
- Assess the client’s open or closed system.
- Utilize connection statements and questions to bring the client’s awareness to their present relational experience.
- Describe Immersion into the relational field
- Apply Immersion into the relational field to discover old, unconscious relational patterns.
- Identify your own countertransference and use it to assess the client’s internal state of awareness to form accurate interventions.
- Describe developmental trauma and its connection with the polyvagal theory, explaining the significance of touch for healing.
- Describe 5 developmental needs in secure relating.
- Assess developmental need presented in therapist-client relationship.
- Offer a new present moment opportunity for relating.
- Utilize the relational somatic healing map to guide the flow of your session.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you would like to share about your background and interest in this work. They will then arrange a call before registration.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center, which is co-sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our training coordinator, Relational Somatic Healing’s Jacki Hull at Jaclyn.email@example.com.
- For other questions about CE, visit www.polarisinsight.com or contact Jana Adamova at firstname.lastname@example.org