Training and Practice of Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
March 24th • August 4th
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Eric Sienknecht, PsyD • Ryan Hoffman, LMFT • Robert Voloshin, DO
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, our focus is on helping clinicians develop clinical skills needed for KAP. Clinicians will learn how to implement principles of KAP in practice, respond to common questions and challenges that can arise during KAP, gain experience playing therapist and patient in KAP, and have opportunities to observe and discuss in dyadic/triadic work with live supervision.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe two interventions that help create physical and emotional safety before, during, and after a ketamine therapy session
2. Describe two clinical interventions for facilitating memory of a non-ordinary states of consciousness (NOSC) experience
3. Explain a mindfulness/relaxation/breathing method that can be used to assist patients with anxiety and easing entry into NOSC
4. List two interventions to support inner-directed focus in KAP.
5. Describe two effective strategies or interventions to use with challenging emotional and spiritual experiences that might arise during a ketamine session
6. List two important follow-up methods and questions to ensure effective integration is taking place following a KAP session
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
The Practice Module is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits.
Cancelation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund. If canceled after the 2 weeks in advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund. For Module 5, any cancellation after 1 week in advance will receive no refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at email@example.com
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our Training Coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive 100% refund. If cancelled after the 2 weeks in advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive 50% refund. For Module 5, any cancellation after 1 week in advance will receive no refund.