Advanced Workshop II on Ketamine- and Psychedelic -Assisted Psychotherapies
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
This course will continue the exploration of major themes in ketamine- and psychedelic- assisted therapy and depth psychotherapy from prior modules, in order to support clinicians in improving both the quality of their clinical work as well as their self-care.
In this workshop, we focus on special topics in the application of principles and practices of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies as they relate to the topics of: integration and its challenges; neurotheology (the intersection of spiritual practices and neurophysiology); the relationship between meditation, psychedelics, self- care and improved preparation phase interventions; and a continued focus on the dynamics of the therapy relationship with a particular emphasis on archetypal and relational psychoanalytic theoretical perspectives and approaches.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe two ways of making use of imagery in KAP integration.
- List two different types of interventions that may support clients during the rapid remission process
- Explain Bion’s idea of reverie and how it leads to psychic “containment,” by giving two examples of adequate containment of client experience in the psychedelic session.
- Describe two key considerations pertaining to relational approaches in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- List and describe two meditative practices that can be used for helping with therapist and patient attunement and therapist self-care in psychedelic assisted psychotherapy.
- Describe two important areas of research in the emerging field of neurotheology.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course. Taking modules in sequence is recommended, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module but Modules 2-7 may be taken in any order.
Module 7 is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits.
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at email@example.com
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our Training Coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com