Intermediate Workshop III on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
August 8th • October 24th
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Steve Rosonke, MD • Marina Bystritsky, PhD
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on special topics in KAP, including: Applying principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) in KAP, working with issues of substance misuse using KAP, using KAP in the treatment of PTSD, understanding the benefits and challenges of therapists’ personal experiences of NOSC, and discussing self-care, consultation, and continuing education recommendations for therapists working in the field of psychedelic medicine.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- List three ACT interventions compatible with KAP.
- Describe one principle of KAP that can explain symptom reduction in the treatment of trauma.
- Describe two steps that a KAP clinic can take to help mitigate the risk of ketamine addiction.
- List three aspects of being a good psychedelic psychotherapist.
- Explain one reason in support of therapists having their own experience with NOSC.
- List two professional activities that a psychotherapist can engage in to improve their competency around working with psychedelics therapeutically.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course. Taking modules in sequence is recommended, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module but Modules 2-7 may be taken in any order.
Module 4 is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at email@example.com
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our Training Coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com