Intermediate Workshop III on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
February 27th • July 17th
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Steve Rosonke, MD • Chris Stauffer, MD
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on special topics in KAP, including: working with issues of substance misuse using KAP, understanding advanced topics in integration, using KAP in the treatment of PTSD, and discussing self-care, consultation, and continuing education recommendations for therapists working in the field of psychedelic medicine.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe two ways in which avoidant attachment patterns can be addressed in KAP.
- Describe two ways in which trauma can emerge in a KAP session.
- Describe two steps that a KAP clinic can take to help mitigate the risk of ketamine addiction.
- Describe two primary ways in which the history of trauma changed the mental health field after 1980.
- Name three commonly occurring obstacles that might arise in KAP integration sessions.
- Describe two problems that might arise if therapists do not spend time helping clients integrate their KAP experiences.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
Module 4 is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at email@example.com
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our Training Coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com