Intermediate Workshop III on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pacific Time Zone
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Steve Rosonke, MD • Chris Stauffer, MD
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on special topics in KAP, including attachment patterns and working with attachment issues in KAP, exploring the relationship of substance misuse and trauma, and working with issues of substance misuse using KAP. We focus on understanding advanced topics in KAP integration and the possibility of using KAP in the treatment of trauma and PTSD.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe two ways in which avoidant attachment patterns can be addressed in KAP.
- Describe two ways in which trauma can emerge in a KAP session.
- Describe two steps that a KAP clinic can take to help mitigate the risk of ketamine addiction.
- Describe two primary ways in which the history of trauma changed the mental health field after 1980.
- List three commonly occurring obstacles that might arise in KAP integration sessions.
- Describe two problems that might arise if therapists do not spend time helping clients integrate their KAP experiences.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
Module 4 is $325 + a $25 non-refundable administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund of the $325. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CEs for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFT or any other CE questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about CEs for nurses, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com
- Other questions about training can be emailed to our Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org