Intermediate Workshop II on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
March 14th • June 27th • September 26th • December 12th
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Eric Sienknecht, PsyD • Chris Stauffer, MD
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on several key clinical issues and relevant themes in this treatment protocol, including: Attachment issues in KAP, work with countertransference in KAP, collaboration with outside providers of ketamine patients, implementation of virtual KAP, implementation of group KAP, and integration of spiritual experiences. In-depth case presentations are also included in this module. Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe two ways in which avoidant attachment patterns can be addressed in KAP
2. List three of the common countertransference themes therapists need to be aware of in working with KAP
3. List three screening criteria for membership in KAP groups
4. Describe two common challenges in virtual KAP treatment
5. Describe two reasons why a patient may not be a good candidate for virtual KAP treatment
6. Describe a strategy to ensure safety during a telehealth session
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course. Taking modules in sequence is recommended, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module but Modules 2-7 may be taken in any order.
Module 3 is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain this document for 4 years after the course concludes.
- SCA is an approved CE provider for National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (CEP Number 100196)
- For questions about enrolling in CE for RNs or Coaches or receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Jana Adamova at email@example.com
- For other questions about CE for RNs or Coaches contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com