Intermediate Workshop II on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
February 9th • June 6th
Harvey Schwartz, PhD • Veronika Gold, LMFT • Eric Sienknecht, PsyD
While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent introductory training with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI, SAGE) can take all other modules.
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on several key clinical issues and relevant themes in this treatment protocol, including: Ethical issues in KAP, work with countertransference in KAP, collaboration with outside providers of KAP clients, implementation of virtual KAP, implementation of group KAP, broad strokes overview of and integration of spiritual experiences.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- List three of the common countertransference polarities therapists need to be aware of in working with KAP.
- List two of the countertransference challenges that can arise for therapists in KAP.
- List three screening criteria for membership in KAP groups.
- Describe two challenges to collaboration with an outside therapist.
- Describe two reasons why a patient may not be a good candidate for virtual KAP treatment.
- List two challenges of integrating spiritual experiences in KAP.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
Module 3 is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total) and the Module is 8 CE credits.
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CEs for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFT or any other CE questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about CEs for nurses, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other questions about training can be emailed to our Training Coordinator at email@example.com