Intermediate Workshop IV on Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on special topics in KAP, including working with diverse populations, embodying cultural humility, and weaving social justice and health equity in KAP at the personal, interpersonal, and collective levels. We identify various challenging situations that can arise in KAP, exploring advanced perspectives and applications of somatic psychotherapy in KAP, and discussing self-care, consultation, and continuing education recommendations for therapists working in the field of psychedelic medicine.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain Liberation Psychology and identify ways to weave the philosophy and practice into your work
- Identify areas of personal and interpersonal growth toward holding safe psychedelic spaces with clients who identity as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and other oppressed or marginalized groups
- Describe two ways in which somatic interventions can support and facilitate self-regulation of the nervous system
- List two types of somatic energy release during KAP sessions
- Describe two ways in which the therapist’s anxiety can interfere with effectively helping clients to navigate challenging psychedelic experiences
- List two professional activities that a psychotherapist can engage in to improve their competency around working with psychedelics therapeutically
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
Module 5 is $350 ($325 + a $25 non-refundable administrative fee) and 8 CE credits are available for an additional $79.
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund of the $325. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CEs for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFT or any other CE questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about CEs for nurses, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com
- Other questions about training can be emailed to our Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org