Integration in Ketamine- and Non-Ordinary States of Consciousness-Assisted Therapies: Theory and Practice
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this module, we focus on the theory and practice of integration in ketamine- and NOSC-assisted therapies with a particular emphasis on non-verbal and verbal processing, self-reflection, and group sharing. We provide clinicians with practical considerations, understanding of common challenges, and a basic framework through which to orient themselves and their clients to meaningful KAP integration. We explore the importance of the imaginal realm in work with expanded states of consciousness and their integration into daily life. We guide participants through an immersive sound journey, integrating meditation, breath and deep listening, all held within a ceremonial container and followed with individual and group integration. Through the vehicle of expressive arts and other modalities, we help clinicians better understand the processes of supporting clients in digesting, embodying and applying the insights and lessons learned while doing depth exploratory work.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- List the four main categories for the presented integration framework.
- List two different types of interventions that may support clients during the rapid remission process.
- Describe the importance of working with the imaginal realm as part of the integration of expanded states of consciousness.
- Demonstrate the effective use of multi-modal and multi-sensory creative/ expressive practices
- Identify two lineages in which mandalas are used as a tool for spiritual integration.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to use mandalas for integration with KAP clients.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
The Integration Module is $350 ($325 + a $25 non-refundable administrative fee) and 8 CE Credits are available for an additional $79.
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund of the $325. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CEs for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFT or any other CE questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about CEs for nurses, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other questions about training can be emailed to our Training Coordinator at email@example.com