Acceptance and Commitment Theory in Ketamine- and Non-Ordinary States of Consciousness-Assisted Psychotherapies
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is gaining increasing support in the area of Non-Ordinary States of Consciousness (NOSC)-Assisted Psychotherapies. It has been used in a variety of clinical studies, including studies done at Yale University and London Imperial College. We provide an introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), including the key concepts and its compatibility with KAP and NOSC-Assisted Psychotherapies. ACT is a therapeutic framework ideally suited for the preparation, guiding and integration of psychedelic experience. We include lectures, clinical vignettes, mindfulness exercises and small group discussions.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the psychological flexibility model and its 6 components: acceptance, defusion, present moment awareness, self-as-context, values, and committed action
- Describe how ACT concepts are reflected in psychedelic experiences
- Demonstrate how ACT tools can be used for preparation and integration of psychedelic experiences.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course for Modules 2-5 and the Practice Module. Taking modules in the sequence is recommended but not required, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module.
The ACT Module is $200 ($175 + a $25 non-refundable administrative fee), and 4 CE Credits are available for $39.
Cancellation Policy: Participants need to cancel up to 2 weeks in advance to receive a 100% refund of the $175. If canceled after the 2-weeks-in-advance period they can use the credit for a future training or receive a 50% refund.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CEs for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFT or any other CE questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about CEs for nurses, visit www.spiritualcompetencyacademy.com or contact the Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com
- Other questions about training can be emailed to our Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org