Optimizing Self-Care for Clinicians: Understanding Professional Stress, Vicarious Trauma, and Burnout
Training & Retreats
These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, chaplains, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
In this workshop, we focus on the specifics of working with non-ordinary states of consciousness in psychotherapy, and the importance of self-care, processing material post-session, and preparation strategies for psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy sessions to prevent countertransference stress and burnout.
This training session integrates diverse clinical theories, traditions, and philosophies on therapist self-care, offering participants an increasingly wide-angle lens on the evolving field of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and grounding it in clinical wisdom.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
The workshop will include a combination of presentations for a total of six continuing education credits; the workshop will also include participation in two hours of self-care activities that will not earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- List two grounding techniques to use before and during work with clients in NOSC.
- Explain the importance of healer self-care to prevent secondary/provider PTSD burnout, compassion fatigue.
- Discuss how good self-care is essential for prevention of boundary violations.
- List two ways in which unconscious themes/shadow material can interfere with therapists’ ability to be present for their clients.
- List five dimensions of self-care to prevent burnout and vicarious traumatization.
- Describe one somatic technique that can be used for working with grief.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals:
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential training in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We offer the training in multiple modules with Module 1 being a required course. Taking modules in sequence is recommended, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module but Modules 2-7 may be taken in any order.
Healing the Healer is $275+ $25 administrative fee ($300 total) and the Module is 6 CE credits.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by Polaris Insight Center which is sponsoring this program. Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance or any other CE questions for psychologists, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LMFTs contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA), a co-sponsor of this program, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content. RNs must retain this document for 4 years after the course concludes.
- SCA is an approved CE provider for National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (CEP Number 100196)
- For questions about enrolling in CE for RNs or Coaches or receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Jana Adamova at email@example.com
- For other questions about CE for RNs or Coaches contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com