TO APPLY email firstname.lastname@example.org
Polaris Insight Center provides didactic, experiential, and residential trainings in Ketamine Assisted Therapy. These programs are designed to provide interested physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with principles and procedures of KAP and how to use ketamine in combination with psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
We are offering the training in 5 modules. While Module 1 is a required course, trainees are welcome to take any or all of the subsequent modules after its completion. Taking modules in sequence is recommended, as each module builds on the knowledge and skills taught in the previous module but not mandatory.
We are as well offering a Medical Module specifically for prescribers and other medical providers. This module is offered by Dr. Steve Rosonke – Rainfall Medical Module. See details on the boom of the page.
Chris Stauffer, MD (module 3); Harvey Schwartz, PhD (module 1-5); Veronika Gold, LMFT (module 1-5); Eric Sienknecht, PsyD (module 1-3 and 5); Marina Bystritsky, PhD (module 4); Steve Rosonke, MD (module 1 and 4)
Each Module (1-4) is $325 + $25 administrative fee ($350 total), and Module 5 (role play) is $200 + $25 administrative fee ($225 total). The full training is $1500 + $100 administrative fee ($1600 total). The full training is 48 training hours.
Polaris Insight Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists and other mental health professionals. Polaris Insight Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Each module is 8 CE credits and the cost for APA CE credits is $79 per module. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval. For information about CE certificates email: email@example.com
CE credits for licensed nurses in California are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content. SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. Each module is 8 CE credits and the cost for continued education credits is $79 per module.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact our training coordinator, Jana Adamova, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE for RNs, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
Module 1: June 21st, or October 18
Module 2: April 17th, or July 31
Module 3: May 8th, or August 12
Module 4: April 19th, or June 5th, or October 8
Module 5: Role Play Module: May 17th, June 6th, or September 11th
Didactic Training Modules – 8 training hours each 9am PST – 5pm PST
Module 1: Introductory Workshop to Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy
Module 2: Intermediate Workshop on Focused Clinical Issues
Module 3: Advanced Workshop on Focused Clinical Issues
Module 4: Advanced Workshop on Focused Clinics Issues
Module 5: Role Play Module: Training and Practice of KAP principles and techniques in Role Plays
Module 1: Introductory Workshop on Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Understand difference between traditional psychotherapy and KAP
- Identify and attend to Set and Setting variables
- Work clinically with non ordinary states of consciousness
- Work within a Therapeutic Triangle (Therapist, Physician, Patient)
- Understand screening process, medical risks and contraindications
- Understand the usage of different Routes of Administration and Dosing Strategies
- Support and Facilitate the Integration Process
- Understand political and clinical controversies in the field
The next Introductory Workshop will be offered virtually, via Zoom on March 15th 24th or April 3rd 9AM-5PM PST.
Module 2: Intermediate Workshop on Focused Clinical Issue
- Address and work with nervous system dysregulation
- Work with somatic and therapeutic touch
- Implement principles and techniques of Transpersonal Psychology
- Understand the unique transference challenges of KAP
- Understand countertransference to further the therapeutic process
- Improve individualized treatment based on case study presentations
- participate in a role play during an experiential using KAP set and setting
The next Intermediate Workshop will be offered virtually, via Zoom on April 17th 9AM-5PM PST. While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI) can sign up for Module 2.
Module 3: Advanced Workshop on Focused Clinical Issues I
- Work with attachment in KAP
- Work with Countertransference part 2
- Collaborate with outside providers of Ketamine patients
- Implement virtual Ketamine Assisted Therapy
- Integrate Spiritual Experiences patients might have during treatment
- Implement Group Ketamine AssistedTherapy
The next Advanced Workshop will be offered virtually, via Zoom, on February 27th, or March 29th 9AM-5PM PST. While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI), can sign up for Module 2, and then Module 3.
Module 4: Advanced Workshop on Focused Clinician issues II
- Apply principles of ACT in Ketamine Assisted Therapy
- Work with issues of substance misuse using Ketamine Assisted Therapy
- Work with resistance in treatment
- Use KAP in the treatment of PTSD
- Understand the benefits and challenges of therapists’s personal experience working with NOSC
- Discuss and consider the necessities and challenges of being ketamine assisted therapist
The next Advanced Workshop will be offered virtually, via Zoom, February 28th, or April 19th, or June 5th 9AM-5PM PST. While we recommend clinicians to take Module 1 with us, those who have taken equivalent with one of the other training centers (KTC, KRIYA, PRATI), can sign up for Module 2, Module 3, and Module 4.
The cost for each module is $325 + administrative fee $25, total $350. Module 1 Workshop is not required if clinician has previous training in KAP with KTC, KRIYA, or PRATI.
Module 5: Advanced: Role Play Module: Training and Practice of KAP principles in through Role Play
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Implement principles of KAP in practice
- Respond to common questions and challenges that can arise during KAP
- To be in the role of therapist, patient, and have an opportunity to observe and discuss role-plays
This module is offered virtually, via Zoom, for groups of 6-12 clinicians on December 6th or March 27th, or May 17th, or June 6th. The cost of a role play module is $200 + administrative fee $25, total $225. This module is ideal for those not familiar with sitting in ketamine assisted therapy sessions, for those who are not able to have a personal experience with treatment and participate in an experiential module. This module is ideal during COVID-19 to practice virtual KAP, as well as for those for those not living in California or unable to travel for an experiential module.
Dates will be confirmed as soon as possible due to COVID-19.
Experiential Workshop – 5-hours
In the self-experiential teaching module participants will have a chance to participate in KAP small group experience. A medical and psychological intake to evaluate for medical eligibility is required prior to the experiential. Group integration session immediately follows the experience. The cost for the experiential module is $650. To inquire, please contact Veronika at email@example.com
Practicum (available by invitation only)
For the practicum, participants will have the chance to shadow and assist our clinicians during an actual KAP group session.
Rainfall Medical Module
The module is designed to help medical providers become well-versed in the medical topics and safety issues around ketamine therapy.
Steve Rosonke MD is an ER physician and addiction medicine physician. He is also fellowship-trained in critical care. He has been administering ketamine in a variety of clinical settings since 2001. In 2018, he founded Rainfall Medicine, a ketamine center in Portland, OR where he treats mood disorders, trauma, chronic pain, end-of-life anxiety, and addiction. He has also been teaching and consulting other providers on this topic. He will be joined by Leanne Lopez, BSN, RN has been working in the field of nursing for 12 years. She currently works in the Bay Area as a medical/cardiac critical care nurse, and at Polaris Insight Center, an integrative therapy office providing ketamine assisted psychotherapy.
This learning module will focus on the medical, pharmacologic and neuroscience considerations to safely and confidently operate a ketamine clinic or to perform ketamine-assisted-psychotherapy.
Learning Objectives will include:
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies
- Appropriate Medical Intake and Screening
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Contraindications to Treatment
- Side Effects and Safety During Treatments
- The Pharmacology and Neuroscience of Ketamine
- Ketamine Addiction and Ketamine for Addiction
- Case Studies of Ketamine Complications
- Specifics of Ketamine Administration for KAP
Date: Monday June 14th, 8AM PST – 12PM PST by Zoom
CMEs are not offered at this time.
Residential options including intensive didactical and experiential training.
Dates will be confirmed as soon as COVID-19 is not impacting social activities.
Level 1: Five-day/four-night residential training in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy theory and practice.
Level 2: Four-day/three-night residential training on Advanced Training in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy practice.
KETAMINE LOZENGE GROUP FOR MEDICAL PROVIDERS
Ketamine Providers interested in a support group during COVID-19 using Ketamine please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP CONSULTATION
Ketamine Providers interested in a Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy consultation contact: email@example.com
TREATMENT GROUP FOR CLINICIANS
KAP group for eligible clinicians contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
READING AND ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
Clinicians interested in working with Polaris Insight Center contact: email@example.com
If you or your organization would like to know more about Polaris run trainings or speaking engagements please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org